Dual Citizen interested in working in the Aerospace Industry

Hello,

I am a US citizen and also hold dual citizenship with Germany, through my mother who was born there. I have both a US and German Passport, and although I live in the US, I have regularly visited Germany throughput my life. I am currently studying aerospace engineering here in the US, and have interest in working for the defense industry for companies such as Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman.

I know many of the positions I would be interested in applying for require security clearances, and I was wondering if any of you know whether my citizenship status would disqualify me from working in this field.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I would sincerely appreciate any guidance you might have.

Foreign preference and influence will be issues for you to overcome because you have willingly maintained a German passport and have traveled there extensively. There are ways to mitigate the concerns and they can be found in the Adjudicative Desk Reference, but it is up to you to allay the concerns.