Effective today all Security Clearances moved from DOD to OPM

I started my re-investigation (TS/SCI) around Aug 2018 and it is now the end of May 2019, in person interview done…in Jan i changed jobs from DOD contractor and now associated with the IC…the new company took ownership of my clearance. I have not seen an update since Dec 2018 where i was informed that it was awaiting adjudication. Could changing jobs have anything to do with the delay? I have had a clearance of some type since i was 18 and i am now 50+ (I dont look it…LOL) and i have never had a re-investigation take this long! This has me stuck in a holding pattern at work since i have to get a Poly and i cant get that until the re-inv is done. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

May I ask what is going on with the T2s? My client is primarily Tier 2 investigations, hence my questions.

It has in numerous locations.

what about T2s?,

Nothing is going on with T2s, it’s more of the internal absurdness I’m just done with.

What were supposed to cover vs what were supposed to report vs internal case messages vs backlog mitigation policies vs follow up vs phone vs in person.

It’s all really, really dumb.

May I ask what is going on with the T2s? My client is primarily Tier 2 investigations, hence my questions.

For those of us working for NBIB what will be the name of the institution we are transitioning to?

DCSA, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency.

2 Likes

Who cares, any name is better than N-BIB.

2 Likes

Are T2 and T4 being moved to DCSA as well since they aren’t security investigations

1 Like

yes - those investigation types, while they are still around, will follow us to DCSA

When is the work coming!!!

4 Likes

Going TDY again. Apparently there is work, if you can travel.

Or get voluntold, like me.

I’ve been home for almost a month so far, I’m hoping I can make it through August without going TDY again

I’m leaving for a TDY tomorrow for 2 weeks. Hopefully this one will hold me over for a bit. I can do a TDY every 6 to 8 weeks but living on the road isn’t an option for me…I’ll take a lay-off if I have to.

1 Like

Does ATF uses OPM for their investigation ?

ATF is a part of DHS and yes they have used OPM to complete investigations.

Woohoo!! I leave for my Alaska TDY tomorrow!

1 Like

No, ATF does not use NBIB.

1 Like

ATF is not an entity of DHS. They are under DOJ.