Employer can't verify clearance?

I got hired into an internship a couple weeks ago, did a congressional inquiry while in adjudication for another job at the time (ended up not taking it) and got sent an email saying as of March 28th 2024 i was granted eligibility access to secret information. The hiring agency used this clearance and gave the ahead, updated the sf-86 and got placed into the continuous vetting program 24 hours later.(my previous investigation was in 2016) The agency that I got placed in through that internship program are unable to verify the clearance. I called my boss to figure out what was going on and the hiring agency that placed me at my workplace didnt submit my security clearance packet so im not in the system at all? I guess im trying to figure out if this has happened before? Not able to work or enter the building until this is resolved.

All agencies don’t share their information or accept other agencies clearance. DCSA holds a vast majority of the clearances. You may have a clearance with one agency which does not cooperate with the other agency. It’s a tough situation.