Employment Activity

Background: About 4 years ago my brother and I worked as a sales rep that helped represent another company at a Best Buy. We only worked for this company for about 2 months or so and we only worked on the weekends. Due to the nature and location of the job, we were essentially being paid to stand and do nothing for 7hrs. We weren’t particular enjoying the job so the last two weeks we worked there, my brother would want to leave work about an hour early and we still clocked in the full hours. At the time we didn’t know what we were doing was considered time fraud or what time fraud was. Our supervisor only found out when he decided to visit the store on the last day we worked and found that we weren’t there. He then called me about what we were doing was bad and that he’ll have to talk with management about it and would call me the next day for any updates. Come next day and he calls me telling me that what we did was stupid and that he didn’t want my brother and I to get into big trouble with the company, he gave us the option to send in our resignation letter and we wouldn’t be in trouble with the company for time fraud. And that was that. We weren’t written up or reprimanded, just told to quit and that was that.

My question is would this fall into " Left by mutual agreement following charges or allegations of misconduct" ? or “Quit after being told you would be fired” I would like some clarification

Could be either. Doesn’t really matter which one you pick as long as you pick one and be ready to provide details to your investigator.

If you were never charged, I probably would pick Left by mutual agreement. Then you can explain in detail to the investigator. But as @investigator721 says, probably doesn’t make much difference as long as you detail it to the investigator.

Give this a read, it should help.