Federal Firefighter w/public trust

Federal Firefighter with a public trust. Recently arrested and being charged with Battery Against Househould Member. Do I need to report to my Security Officer and do I need to worry about losing my job? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you should report this to your responsible security office. Voluntarily coming forward with information is always better then your supervisor or security office finding out about it afterwards where it appears you were hiding it. This also gives you a chance to present your side of the narrative instead of them just reading the police report. This one incident most likely will not affect your ability to hold the job as long as there is not a pattern of similar behavior.

Yes, you need to report this incident. Marko is correct - you are better off reporting the incident so when the NBIB investigator shows up for your suitability investigation you can tell the investigator you already reported the incident.