Foreclosure affect on TS/SCI

I had a foreclosure ~2 1/2 yrs ago. It started out as a short sale, but bank backed out a closing and by then no way to catch up and avoid the foreclosure. I believe the bank ended up selling to the same party afterwards. Anyway, i’m coming up on my periodic reinvestigation and want to be prepared for the eventuality. Any insights or advice?

What was the reason for the foreclosure? What did you do to try and resolve it with the bank? Are there other debts that were not paid? DAs someone who is in a cleared status, did you report this information to your Security Officer? These are some of the questions that will be asked and depending on your answer will determine if there will be any effect on your clearance.

Property was in California and was intended to be our last move after retiring from USMC. I relocated to Florida to be near two critically ill relative (brother and step-mother, both of whom passed away as a result of their illness) and my father-in-law who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. No other debt’s affected. Absolutely perfect credit history other than this blot. Followed internal process to report, but have never heard anything re: the issue. Just concerned it will be an issue in PRI. Well respected and trusted in organization.

It sounds pretty straight forward then, as long as you can provide documentation showing your efforts to resolve the debt and provide these extenuating circumstances then the concern can be mitigated.