Full SSBI but no clearance

I have recently went through an SSBI and was told by the company security officer that I was cleared to work for a certain government entity although the entity does not grant clearances. I was also told that this was the equivalent of TS clearance, which is good for 5 years. However the result of the SSBI is not showing in JPAS, and I am not able to receive offers that require TS. Has anyone ever dealt with something similar? Thank you so much.

1 Like

A certain Government entity that does not grant clearances but says you are cleared? Did you sign an SF-312 after being briefed in? Who conducted the investigation? No one here will be able to give you advice based on the info you provided, there are key points missing. I would suspect that an IC agency conducted their own investigation, favorably adjudicated it, and granted you the clearance in Scattered Castles, hence why it is not showing up in JPAS. Any agency wanting to hire you would just need to check SC for the information.

No SF-312. Investigation was conducted by the FBI. Thank you @ Marco.

I have a same situation as @Anilop1998. I got SSBI, but there is no clearance information in both JPAS and SC system.
I knew the agency that conducted and granted me the SSBI clearance.
Does anyone know how to transfer the SSBI clearance information to the JPAS system?

Did you actually work the job utilizing your clearance?

Yes, my current job requires high level clearance.

So your SSBI was the investigation type, and the organization granted you access. Where does that agency store information regarding that access? Do you currently possess a TS/SCI or Q access?

I really don’t know where the access information is stored.
I think I possess a TS/SCI access now, but I am not sure.

Honestly if you do have access I would hope that you know whether you do or not. There are several steps to this process and many involve you signing paperwork acknowledging what you can and cannot do.

1 Like

Yeah . . . This doesn’t sound good to me . . . If you have a clearance you should know what level. You have responsibilities that go with your clearance.

1 Like