GDIT class action suit

Just got notice that (I think) all remote workers for GDIT are included in the WARN suit. Don’t know what I’ll get out of it (I got $2.15 from Google once) but the layoff was pretty darn sneaky back in 2019. I guess GDIT thought they were being clever by laying off people in phases and assuming that the investigators (and others) working outside of the HQ didn’t count. A couple of mil won’t hurt their bottom line much.

5 Likes

What a pleasant surprise to see this notice. I am still bitter about how GDIT handled the layoff. As a Supervisor, they had me interviewing and onboarding people the week before they notified all of us of the layoff. Disgusting. You can email the firm and find out an estimate of what you will receive. I left the industry after that and will never go back, even though I absolutely loved my job and my team.

2 Likes

Did you ever figured out why gdit kept onboarding when they knew it was over? I never understood that and they all do it!

2 Likes

No idea. They don’t care about the people doing the work. We had a guy scheduled to start the Monday after we were all notified of the lay off. He’d given notice of his resignation to CACI, as soon as I found out I told him, but GDIT refused to let him start, and CACI refused to let him rescind his resignation. So he was completely out of a job and couldn’t even file for unemployment. That one was really upsetting.

2 Likes

It’s all about billable hours. Our value is only in our billable hours.

2 Likes

Hi WestcoastBI,

Do you happen to still posses the email email to the firm to contact and find out an estimate of what you will receive? Just got wind of this from some fellow coworkers, but I was layed off under this act also. Moved since then of course.

Does anyone happen to still have a POC to find out if, or how much, you will receive?

Here’s the info about the case… General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. – $2.988 Million Settlement, UPDATE 11/21/2022 - New York WARN Act Attorney
I tried contacting them via email months ago for an estimate and never heard back. There’s a link at the bottom on that page to contact them if your address has changed. I’d reach out via their website ASAP. I haven’t seen any new mail from them, but a coworker received a check yesterday for 1 weeks pay (after taxes). Hope that helps!

1 Like

Got my check yesterday - Here’s the POC that gave me the estimate.
René S. Roupinian | Partner

Raisner Roupinian LLP

270 Madison Avenue, Suite 1801

New York, NY 10016
T & F 212-221-1747

rsr@raisnerroupinian.com

www.raisnerroupinian.com

www.warnlawyers.com

Other info from the email as an FYI - Once we know the date of mailing we will post it here: General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. – $2.988 Million Settlement, UPDATE 11/21/2022 - New York WARN Act Attorney

Your share is based on your receiving less than full WARN notice, and is the result of three years of hard-fought litigation in which we obtained nearly $3mm on behalf of over 900 employees.

Thanks so much! I will let you know if find a positve lead if you need one.

Sweet! + Happy Holidays!

I actually emailed them and they are sending out a check

1 Like

Interesting, if I don’t see the check within the next week I’ll have to email them again.

Is this also for DHS or just DCSA employees?

They paying out to ISN contractors that were laid off and affected also or only GDIT employees?

I asked a couple of folks I know who worked for ISN and they didn’t get it.