HELP! Failed one portion of full scope poly. Now what?

@Batdog123… I watched Property Brothers while I waited for my exams lol

3 Likes

@Batdog123 - I think I’ve seen my share of Chip and Joanna in that very same waiting room. It’s rather nice but I wish the chairs were more comfortable. Though the ones furthest from the entrance are by far the biggest.

2 Likes

@bobluvsu… very drafty towards the back as well.

1 Like

I made the mistake of choosing the bench along the wall the second day… that was a long hour and half. Not to mention i ended up having to share it. The first day I was there, a girl was100% asleep in one of the chairs near the entrance… I was fluttering between shocked and impressed.

The parking lot/entry was a bit intimidating the first day. By the second visit, I felt like an old pro. Lol.

2 Likes

@Batdog123… some of those chairs are way too comfortable.

@bobluvsu Thanks for the reminder to bring an old school, paper book. LOL. So much of our reading this days are e-books or audio books. I know most of my fun reading is an audio book. I heard from my recruiter and they said the HR-wrap up interview was a minute to meet with them and ask any additional questions I had about the process. Thanks again for the response!

2 Likes

@bobluvsu

I had my poly yesterday and was told that I failed both parts of it. We then went over the questions and it may have been an gentle interrogation… but I was rescheduled to retake it. It was a long and exhausting day and my poly was in the afternoon. I was telling the truth but was nervous and exhausted and I got bored staring at the wall. And my mind kept wandering. It is hard to just not think.

Oh, and at the time of this writing I must be in adjudication hell. My co-op program start date has come and gone and the recruiter (file under: fallen off the face of the Earth) just informed me that I’ll have to hope my clearance comes through for a January start date. We shall see.

@archaeochica

That just sucks. Nothing prepares you for walking into that room with what looks like an electric chair… it’s got big, wide padded vinyl armrests for Pete’s sake! The thing that blew my mind was the fact that I could hear the heart rate monitor. It was really distracting to say the least.

In my humble opinion, the key is the preparation done by the interviewer (or interrogator if you prefer). The second time around for me was a breeze. The interviewer was much more experienced than the first and drilled home the fact that I couldn’t possibly be any of the things she was going to ask me because I’ve never held a clearance. She really beat that into my head. So much so, that I think the prep lasted longer than the interview.

But, good news is that you got rescheduled AND you know what to expect when you walk in. Hopefully you get a different interviewer like I did. You must be local to the area… maybe we should set up a support group?

B

2 Likes

@bobluvsu agreed. Nothing prepares you and I found the chair uncomfy. I never sit back that far in a chair. Ahe did say I couldn’t be any of those things too because I too never had a clearance, and yet, I somehow failed. Maybe it is just part of the process…

Not local to the area, but keeping me a day extra is cheaper than flying me back. Plus I heard they are wanting to get a push of people in sooner than later, so maybe that also has something to do with it… I donno.

Thanks for the response.
a

1 Like

@bobluvsu

Third time is a charm? … sigh.

@archaeochica

That’s a real drag but they must like you if there’s a third time! If they didn’t they wouldn’t try again in my really humble opinion. Were the results “inconclusive”?

B

1 Like

Congrats on being Sober and attending meetings. I’m right there with yah, been 4 years next month. I wish I could give you some help on the poly but my security was public trust.

1 Like

@bobluvsu @Trey3

The third time was magic. I successfully completed the poly! I’ve now just recovered… LOL. Now I will wait some more I guess. I am wondering how long this part of the process will take, I know it can take some time. I’m growing anxious and am ready to start the new job. Fingers crossed I get a FJO.

Thanks for the encouragement last week!
a

3 Likes

@archaeochica… congratulations!!!

@archaeochica

Congrats!! That’s fantastic! Now comes the hard part… waiting for adjudication. That’s where I think I am. I say “think” because my recruiter is pretty much useless and has fallen off the face of the Earth. I get better service from IC Cares. But even then, then forward her my questions, she replies but doesn’t address my questions, then when I ask again she’s gone. [Rant over]

But, just today, I got an email from the office that was interested in me. So maybe a little help from the inside will help move my process along. I really hope it goes super smooth for you!

B

2 Likes

@bobluvsu Fingers crossed the phone call you got will help speed up your process. My recruiter seems to respond faster to me now that I am at this stage, but it may be a coincidence.

I was told adjudication can be a couple weeks or months. We’ll see…

Full-scope (lifestyle) polygraphs typically take less than five hours, but in some cases they go longer.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that call sped up the process or not, but my recruiter called today to tell me that my clearance was granted. More paperwork to follow shortly. The sense of relief is pretty remarkable. Any news on your adjudication yet?

1 Like

Congrats! How long did you wait after submitting SF86. Is this TS clearance?