I recently had my BI interview for a High Public Trust Position -
The investigator did these things which call for some concern, is this normal? I am thinking of filing a complaint.
- Requested and took my passport to read every stamp I’ve ever had. I listed all of my foreign travel on my SF-85P. (I have no foreign contacts only went to Mexico and UAE) for leisure. (My Boss said this is odd to ask for passport and come to my house for the interview).
- Asked about my salary and my fiance salary, asked when I was getting married? Told me oh ok, your salary is high enough to where you can’t be bribed.
- Asked about my child’s parent who is deceased. Asked about their background. My child is 20.
- Asked how I supported my self at 18 when I was charged with theft. I am 40.
- Asked has Child Services ever been to my residence recently. Again my child is 20.
- Asked about my sexual history and if someone could use it against me. (Didn’t see sexual history on the 85P). However, the answer was no.
- Asked about 20yr old charges “Theft” (which I listed) even though it is out of the 7yr period and expunged I have listed them on my SF-86 when getting my clearance and wanted to be upfront. He requested copies of expungement paperwork which I provided. Told me expungements don’t matter and even though the ?? Says say no to say yes. I said so I need to say “Yes” when the ?? Ask in the last 7 years and it has been 19 yrs since the charges said may as well.
- Did not request any information about work history at all. I don’t have any financial debts or ever been delinquent he requested that info too but he knew that from my credit report.
I have been working for the govt for 9 yrs I have never felt uneasy about a BI interview before today.