Hypothetically would "person A" have any major issues getting a TS security clearance based on the following?
No criminal record, no drug use and never has (weed or other form of drug), does not drink, 780+ credit score, 0 debt (CC are paid in full, no car loan, no house loan etc.), no family outside the US, no contacts outside the US, no mental illness, no loss of a job.
Unfortunately two possible issues.
- Person A was single (not married or dating at the time) but had sex with a married individual several times over the course of a year or so. Significant other of married individual never knew. Person A no longer has sexual relations with this person. Person A now does have a relationship but is still not married.
If something came up there would be no issue with explaining to Person A's significant other regarding the "sexual history" (lie of omission to Person A's significant other about previous dating life and embarrassment of said act). If a person threatens Person A with blackmail to tell significant other of married individual, Person A would have no consequences (e.g. Person A would not lose anything other than embarrassment).
- Has downloaded/pirated music/movies illegally in the past. No legal action has ever been brought to Person A for said usage.
- Would these two issues cause Person A to not get a security clearance?
- Would this come up in a TS screening with poly?
- Should person A tell interviewer if it did come up (Person A assumes yes)?
- If it did come up in a poly and Person A told security interviewer would security interviewer go question significant other of Person A or the married parties (e.g. to find out more) and divulge that information?
- Is security professionals tracking this information going on here would they track IP and information coming across this board and then use this information against Person A?