I have a tax question?

Hi there,

New to forum. So I am about to go through the clearance process for a contractor Job for the first time. I had a couple questions. My taxes were filed on time from 2012 to 2015. In graduate school in 2016 and 2017 I paid my federal and state on time, but being new to preparing my taxes and living on base housing I didn’t realize I had to also file school district taxes. Got a letter from the school district asking for payment for both these years and as soon as I got the letter I paid the taxes. Both were only $100. I also filed an extension on my 2018 taxes because I was getting married and filed and paid well before the October deadline. The next two years, to avoid any further issues, I now pay a CPA to prepare and file our taxes for the last 2 years.

How concerned should I be about my tax history going into the clearance process?

Thanks!

I’m not an investigator or adjudicator, but this doesn’t seem like a concern to me.

There was an honest misunderstanding on your part, you rectified it, your taxes are up to date, and you followed through with a game plan to avoid these issues in the future.

As long as you explain this on your form (and to your investigator if interviewed), I think you will be fine.

2 Likes