IC Poly and Adjudication Process

Just did my polygraph, on to adjudication i suppose.
Not as bad as i read here and elsewhere but def got annoyed at some parts.
Of course cant discuss any details about it. I wont do that.
Ill give my opinion. If you do have nothing to hide your good, def can see were it would break someone who cant hold up to the questions.
Even someone who is “clean” i can see cracking under it. All in all a good just long experience overall. The empolyees here are super professional. Thats always appreciated.
Probably will lurk for awhile until theres something worth nothing. Later!
Now more waiting

Here is where I am at:

730 days since applying
540 days since interviewing
379 days since CJO
330 days since submitting SF86
120 days since subject interview
44 days since Poly and Psyc

I got a call on Saturday from a representative saying I was still being considered and they know the process is long.

I hate bothering my recruiter but at the same time, the only way I found out when I did about my CJO was because I called and they looked up my file said I was in their stack to call with a CJO.

1 Like

So . . . as far as the clearance process, you are less than a year into it . . .

2 Likes

Which agency? MD or VA?

Not disclosing that.

Yea. I know, just really hoping to hear something very soon…

“So . . . as far as the clearance process, you are less than a year into it . .”

Lol i need to remove myself from getting notifications and reading this thread. Seeing those post make me want to cry.

SF-86 submitted in early June. So im looking at June 2020 IF i am lucky. If i am unlucky im looking at Nov 2020. Geez.

Do what you want . . . Some go through the process pretty quickly and other take longer, some far longer. I think that we just had someone here who cleared in about 12 weeks and someone else who finally cleared after four years. I have no idea how long you are going to take.

The reason for my comment is that some posters come here and provide a timeline like that above my post and say that they have been processing for two years. The time that it took from application to submission of the Sf-86 isn’t the fault of the clearance process and, for the most part isn’t relevant to discussions on this website.

Your “if I’m lucky” comment shows me that you are really paying attention to what goes on here. For the most part, we only see the people who are taking a long time to process or those who are first applying. The first are people who are already frustrated with the system and looking for more knowledge about the process or help with issues. The second group comes in and asks a few questions and then disappears. We don’t know how long they take to process or even if they eventually clear.

3 Likes

Ed i was just trying to bring some light hesrted comedy to all of this. Thats all.
For the people on the other side already i am sure they understand. They went thru it and probably during a time when things were even slower because the technology and resources available werent like what we have now to speed along background checks and such.
In saying that i am sure everyone here is also at least somewhat like me. Excited to serve our country and i honestly belivie in the work.
I process isnt hard in any way just long and drawn out. If i wasnt as excited as i am i would just throw it on the back burner and forget about it.
Its hard being this close to your dream but just not quite there yet.
Then theres the factors of increased salary, the excitement of moving and starting over merying new friends and coworkers. You just want to get there.

4 Likes

I get that the process really doesn’t start until the SF86 is submitted. I only included my time since application submitted because someone else had. I also understand that all of our situations are different and that means timeframes are different. It’s interesting that some folks do apply and seem to immediately get a CJO and slide through the process. I am also a first time applicant, did not know what to expect at all with this process, but very eager to also leave my current position.

1 Like

My timelines are slipping for the support roles we staff. Moving deep into 19 months, with 6 months in adjudication and I have about 8 stuck there. Each case is an individual and judged individually as Ed stated. You really cannot compare one case to another. You have completely clean BI’s that clear fast…and some slow. Some folks with dings and dents clear fast…others take 3 plus years.

1 Like

Hey Amber, how big of a discrepancy is there in average clearance times between support staff and contractors vs. direct hire analysts in the IC? (For TS clearance)

November 2019 will be 3 years since my investigation opened. SF-86 was submitted August 2016.

Honestly, anyone hired for an “operational” position can get cleared much faster than a simple support role. I’ve seen a few operational types clear Full scope in 3 to 6 months. Everything. I have support folks at 19 months. And waiting…

1 Like

Would you mind explaining operational vs support? I’m coming from a totally different industry and this whole process has been a foreign language. Is there a timing difference between full hire and contractor?

2 Likes

Does this include 1st offender law -need to be divulged? Even if prints have been returned?

I’m heading in for a 4th poly next week. Seems very, very rare.

1 Like

That has to suck, you should an expert an them by now :).
Look on the bright side at least you are still in the game.

2 Likes

Good luck! Just remember, it could be worse. They could have decided not to give you the fourth opportunity. There were folks that were taking their polys when I was and they didn’t get a third opportunity, instead two months later they got letters in the mail.

Hang in there.

1 Like

I found out yesterday that they are offering me a position! Now to figure out moving…

1 Like