IC Poly and Adjudication Process

For the one question in the first poly, I let them know what was on my mind but it wasn’t an admission that contradicts my SF86. So, assuming they chose that and have been attacking it since and keep trying to get something out of it - which there isn’t. This isn’t my first clearance. I had a TS a long time ago.

But your response is appreciated and makes me more at ease. Also considering that as I read more around this blog/forum, this is not uncommon to encounter.

Spent 9 plus years in polycleared land as security manager. They suck. Plain and simple. But the government wins every hand. Dont quit. Been told I “failed miserably.” But passed. Been told “all good,” only to get called back.
I dont believe one word a polygrapher tellls me.

6 Likes

I fully agree with your last sentence!

Looks like I got called back for a 3rd.

4 Likes

Good luck! Hopefully it will go better this time.:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

None of this surprises me.

Polygraphs are a mind game based on faulty science and frankly the scientific community mocks the cleared world pretty incessantly for the faith placed in them by the gov’t.

They’re make-believe.

Like many other things that our society places on a pedestal.

5 Likes

How did you manage to upgrade the salary with 2 grades up? Because you got an advanced degree during those years?

That’s amazing.

1 Like

Polygraphs are a joke that aren’t in any way funny. They are non-science junk. So they can determine truthfulness by heart rate, perspiration, and breathing rate?! Why do so many liars pass and those being truthful fail?

4 Likes

Indeed, the National Academy of Sciences advised against the use of polygraph screening more than two decades ago. Its landmark report, The Polygraph and Lie Detection, concluded that “[polygraph testing’s] accuracy in distinguishing actual or potential security violators from innocent test takers is insufficient to justify reliance on its use in employee security screening in federal agencies.”

Regrettably, federal agencies have completely disregarded the science on polygraphs. Indeed, in the wake of 9/11, they actually doubled down on their reliance on this pseudoscientific ritual.

Now, in 2023, the federal government’s reliance on polygraphy is at an all-time high. While this provides job security for an army of about 1,000 federal polygraph operators (as well as an unknown number of well-paid contractors, many of whom are federal retirees), it undermines America’s national security.

4 Likes

Hi Dima,

When you get that fully cleared email. Did it give you options for starting date?

Thank you

Third time wasn’t a charm. Going back for a 4th. Haha

3 Likes

Felt good walking out of this last poly, which had some keywords that assisted in knowing I may have passed. I think I finally broke through the barrier.

4 Likes

Congratulations. I hope you’ll be receiving good news soon.

2 Likes

Hey. No, I don’t think it was in the email. Someone from the agency gets back to you at about the same time to work out those details.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

Some of our main methods for filtering out insider threats is about as efficacious as reading chicken entrails.

In reality, all it does is keep extremely scientifically minded people away from applying for jobs requiring polygraphs, and then we wonder why we can’t fill cleared positions.

3 Likes

Received Final Offer. Rather quick.

2 Likes

Hi Dima, one more question, while you work for the agency, did you receive “FLIP” stipend?

Congrats! What’s your complete timeline?

Journey continues.
4 and a half years in. Spoke to someone and they stated i’ve been cleared for awhile but there have been no spot’s available for my position.

So i assume either more qualified persons have leap frogged me or no one is leaving, retiring etc for the position in question.

I have a friend who works in HR for a different agency and she stated that it may not be any of those reasons. Could be people just processed faster than you and were put into any open positions they may have had.

Good news is hopefully by looks of things i’ll be on board in less than 6 months (holding/not holding my breath).

Bad news is i might have to redo my ploy (ugh!).

2 Likes

In the event you do have to retake the polygraph, your prior passing should increase your chances of passing again.

1 Like