IC Poly and Adjudication Process

Have you gotten yourself an EOD?

I saw above you had some rough timing on your lease (we signed our new lease 2 weeks before the call came…) Did they give any guidance or support on that front?

1 Like

Yes. They will provide all the information you will need to move smoothly shortly after you have picked your EOD date.

1 Like

Congrats!!

Did you have to do any follow ups after your re-do medical?

Just some papers my physician needed to sign (sports injury). Once those were submitted, I heard back within a month and a half

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply and the info! Hopefully mine gets cleared soon too!

1 Like

Suitability means screened out before adjudication. So you were not denied a clearance eligibility. Normally it means they want 12 more months distance from event “x” in your life. The “x” can be any of the adjudicated standards. Any. A slight dip in credit a few years ago…a foreign contact…use of MJ earlier. Not saying you did any of that. But they saw something…ended processing. I would apply again.

2 Likes

Anyone who completed medical for the 2nd time has any updates?

Completed my 2nd round last month. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Did you make it hopefulguy?

Cleared up my medical issue(s). A rep reached out to me for a piece of updated information. That was about 2 weeks ago.
Wish this place had a PM feature. LOL, where is federal soup when you need it?

3 Likes

It’s possible to enable direct messaging in Discourse (the message board software on which this forum is running). Perhaps the administrator would consider it.

3 Likes

They really need to Implement that. There’s a clear void left open in the wake of federal soups board getting shutdown that they can capitalize on.

2 Likes

Sounds like you will be getting the job. You’re not the only one that has taken over 4 years to get the final offer.

1 Like

I just recently provided them with what they asked for. So we will see how long it takes to hear back.
I’m excited, and nervous.
I haven’t found myself “researching” the job this much since the first few months after my CJO.

I am wondering if new people going through the process are going to take as long.

Anyhow hope to see everyone on the other side. I worked hard to get here.

1 Like

This has been a marathon for real, A618191 see you on the other side. Signing out.

1 Like

No one here is going to be able to answer your questions with certainty. However, third polygraph sessions are not uncommon with the CIA and NSA.

It seems possible that the agency involved could make a determination that your polygraph results are acceptable, after all. It is common for the CIA and NSA to leave applicants who pass uncertain about the outcome.

Usually, when a polygraph subject is deemed to have had a significant response to a relevant question, the operator will follow up with an interrogation in an attempt to obtain derogatory information. The fact that you were not interrogated after your second session is a good sign.

1 Like

Took a 2nd CI poly recently and was interrogated on a question from the 1st poly over and over. I denied everything and stuck to my answer from the beginning which was the truth through and through. I’ve taken numerous polys at this point so it’s not new to me. Also at the end, I was read policies about drug use, reporting foreign travel, etc during the applicant process and if I agree to them. I was walked out and told I was unsuccessful. The policy reading at the end didn’t make sense when I was told multiple times I failed.

I was given a note saying I have to wait to reschedule another one.

Any insight to all of this? Did I actually fail? Or is a 3rd in the talks? The 2nd poly mentally drained the hell out of me.

2 Likes

When you finished the first poly, what did they say? Did they do both CI and suitability poly or just suitability poly but inconclusive?

For the second poly, did they ever ask anything about the Ci portion? Or they still continue worked on the suitability portion?

If they didn’t get to the CI portion for your second poly, then you still need to complete the CI poly. Maybe that’s why they said it was unsuccessful (I.e. didn’t complete).

Me and another person got the note and we both were notified after 3 weeks to do the retake.

1 Like

First one, they said the background or “suitability” ones were good. They did both suitability and CI. But I was showing on the CI ones. Tried to get an admission from a CI question - I didn’t budge. And then I was scheduled for the 2nd poly.

2nd poly was all CI where I was further interrogated on the one question they highlighted in the first one for the CI portion. During the second, I was told countless times I failed it and I won’t move forward if I don’t address my “concern”. I didn’t budge.

2 Likes

Take a deep breath! Let’s look at this way:

1. Passing poly doesn’t guarantee favorable adjudication. It only convinces the employers that you told the truth.

2. Someone else on the forum was struggling with poly and yet later got FJO.

Now I don’t know your background, I don’t know what they may have found in the BI, is this your first time getting clearance?

Wait patiently for them to send you the reschedule link. Meanwhile don’t over think it. If you were thinking about something irrelevant but may affect your result, tell them. It doesn’t have to be directly related to the question, but just something compelled you to think of other irrelevant stuff. If you were struggling with the fact how you are gonna fail it again and that bothers you, tell them that.

Additionally, if you reschedule, don’t do it on a Friday, it’s guaranteed another at least three weeks wait. I would have selected a Monday AM slot so more likely to have available re-poly openings.

1 Like