Interim top secret denied

I have secret clearance since 2008, I switched job and company put me for Top secret clearance and TS interim and they are not grant me TS interim .

Nothing in my back round but visited foreign countries 4 times in last 10 years . Is it the reason they are not giving me TS interim.

If they are not going to give me TS Clearance then my secret clearance gone too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They don’t need a reason to deny an interim. They actually need a reason to grant one. They used to hand out interims (at least for secret) pretty readily but that’s not the case any more.

1 Like

If your finances are squared away (run a credit check), zero arrests and zero non legal drug use, and the foreign countries were simply vacations you should be okay. The interim’s are drying up and they want to scope your foreign allegiances. Your Secret clearance is okay as this is not a punitive event. Now, if the foreign connections are sketchy or have intelligence gathering concerns, it can become a punitive event.

EdFarmerIII and amberbunny,

Thank you for replies.

No Finances problems, no arrest and no drug use on me only thing foreign trips to see my sibling.

As long as you disclosed them, no problem.