Interview with keypoint next week

good for you SSB. I am sincere - I have been in this career field for a long time and love it also - I hope you find the craziness as fulfilling as my career.

I do honestly hope it works out for you though but the odds are stacked against you to succeed in this industry unless you are willing to persevere for years through difficult and anxiety ridden stress.

Honestly I donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve been over assigned cases at all, itā€™s been pretty manageable so far and Iā€™ve met 100% of my ACDā€™s so far (donā€™t worry, I already know that wonā€™t always be the case). I never said I was free of stress, the job has definitely posed some challenges but Iā€™ve never had a problem getting help with an issue from the help team. I donā€™t work more than 40 hours per week, period. Iā€™ve only had to meet a couple people after 5pm so far, but thatā€™s not an issue because it just means I can end earlier on Friday. Iā€™m just doing this for the experience, Iā€™m not really motivated by production bonuses as of yet, just trying to learn to do the job thoroughly and with integrity, so I guess why thatā€™s why I donā€™t feel the need to stress out over trying to produce as much as possible to make the boss-man happy.

1 Like

Why are the recent comments erased on this thread? It was a legitimate discussion and argument regarding hiring methods of the federal government for Investigators.

This forum is to discuss clearance and background investigations processes, not federal hiring processes. Keep it clean and professional.

1 Like

I too left a contractor to go to OPM, and also took a huge pay cut. I work at least 25% more cases but the reporting is so much more sensible, and the quality of life is impeccable. I also feel like the reviewers arenā€™t out to ruin your life and wonā€™t give you below standards unless itā€™s truly necessary. Anyway, I run into KGS investigators when Iā€™m doing field work and they always seem sweaty, stressed, and just plain miserable. When I ask them how things are, no one ever has anything good to say about KGS - never ever- ever. Before I left my contractor company they were flocking in by the droves from KGS and they all had the same sentiment that KGS assigns too much work.