Investigation and Adjudication Process

Hi ausp!
I saw that you are going to be working with CSRA-me too!
Although my BI isn’t done yet, here is what my time line has been like so far:
1/31: Fingerprints/Equip received
2/7: Received an email stating that OPM has scheduled my BI and I should hear from my investigator in about three weeks.
2/12: Interim determination received and granted (email was received 2/12, stated that interim was granted 2/8)
2/21: BI called and scheduled interview
2/27: Met with BI at Federal Building, also stopped to get my PIV photo and finger prints since I was there. I asked my BI the process from here, and he said the BI itself will take 30-60 days, and then it will go off for adjudication which will take 5-7 days.
BI started interviewing/contacting people that next week-he’s met with a handful of people already
3/9: CSRA called to schedule my training, as long as I am granted clearance, training will start May 18th (they had openings as early as April 27th, but I am the maid of honor in a wedding early June and cannot be out of town for that)

Best of luck to you! I am also in my early 20’s and recently graduated, the waiting game is the hardest part.

That’s awesome! Seems like your process has been going by really fast. My fingerprints/Eqip were received on 12/12. I have never received an email regarding an Interim determination. This means I was denied an interim right?

My background investigation is coming up 90 days soon since starting the investigation, so I hope it’s done soon… My references/contacts have been contacted/interviewed in mid-January, so it has been some time.

Also, do you know if OPM/NBIB has a date for each case on when they try to finish the investigations by? I know HR told me up to 90 days since the investigation starts, but it would be nice to know that information.

I am honestly not sure about the interim part, I’d imagine you should have received an email either way but I could be completely wrong, it seems like everyone’s case is just a little different.

I am not sure if they have a date for when they try to finish…but I would think your should be done any day now since you’re approaching the 90 day mark. I wish I knew though :frowning:

Fingers crossed that you get your results soon!

1 Like

I called OPM, and they told me the investigation closed yesterday! Now waiting for adjudication! do you know how long adjudication takes after the investigation is closed?

2 Likes

Woo, that’s awesome! My BI told me the adjudication process should take 5-7 business days since mine is an “expedited” case. Hopefully yours won’t take long at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey ausp & Panda,
My BI told me the same thing Tuesday.
1/25 Conditional Offer Letter
2/2 turned in eQUIP & FP’s
2/16 1st BI interview
3/13 Final BI interview, said it was being sent on to adjudication
3/17 Case Close
3/21 Favorable Determination on T5
3/26 Sponsorship Complete, invitation to schedule PIV from NBIB/OPM
4/3 PIV appointment for fingerprints and photo
4/4 Notice from CSRA to enroll in PIV
4/6 Received call from GDIT (formerly CSRA) setting my start date 5/18
4/19 DoD grants TS

Hopefully I will see y’all in April! (May)

2 Likes

Is this for your secret clearance?

This is for my SSBI!

Asup- I am in the same boat as you, but I have a question for pandaschmanda1 I have went through the process and now I’m at the stage where I went to go take my photo for my PIV card and fingerprints but I have yet to receive my start date for training … what could be the delay? Should I contact someone from security and ask? Hopefully I can start the training in April as well.

1 Like

that’s awesome that you were already adjudicated! do you know how long adjudication took for you? @pandaschmanda1 mentioned that it was 5-7 business days, but i’m sure it is different for everyone.

Odd that the progression is different from candidate to candidate. I’m in adjudication, but have yet to hear anything (other than here) about the PIV process, nor the interim determination that @Pandaschmanda1 received.

@Ham28 , let us know how if you contact anyone at CSRA Security and how it goes.
I tried to reach out to two of the people who sent me documents and to the security group email and got no response.

I don’t know about the interim adjudication. I just received an email stating that I had a favorably determination to work for OPM NBIB contract . If that’s the same thing . I keep reading these post about waiting months to receive your PIV Card and does anyone know when we shall receive the government issued computer?

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!
@Ham28-I wasn’t contacted for my start date until March 9th, so a couple weeks after I went and got my photo taken for my PIV card. When they called me, the earliest day they had open for me to start my training was April 27th. However, since there is three weeks of training that takes place out of state, I had to push my date back to May 18th, so I’ll be arriving to Falls Church on June 10th. (I am the maid of honor in a wedding early June-so I can’t be out of the state during that time). And congrats on making it to adjudication!

@BobsBigBoy-Isn’t it crazy how everyone’s process is so different?! And also congrats on making it to adjudication!

1 Like

When CSRA contacted me to schedule my start date (to start my training), they told me that my work laptop and cell phone should be delivered a day before my training starts (the first three weeks of training are remote from your home).

1 Like

Thanks for the great info.
For the training in Falls Church, are we there from start to finish or get to go home on the weekends?

No problem,
I’m actually not sure about that one-I do know the lady who I spoke to mentioned that they have most people fly out for training, so you may not have a way to get home unless you want to fly back and forth. I asked her about the possibility of me driving since I’m only about four hours away and she said that’d probably be fine.

1 Like

Hey Pandaschmanda1,
So I got my Favorable Adjudication yesterday.:slightly_smiling_face:

Have a couple more questions:

1. Did they tell you 3 weeks home training and then 3 weeks at Falls Church?
  2. Did they say anything about the home training? Like is it structured (webinar) or on your own. I’m wondering if I can keep my 9-5 job while I’m doing it.

Thx!

Congratulations, that’s awesome! :slight_smile:

Remind me again-were you given a start date?

1. Yes, three weeks at home and then three weeks at Falls Church.
  2. And as far as I know, they said it is remote from home but I am not exactly sure of the formatting. I am wondering that myself as I am the maid of honor in a wedding during my home training and the rehearsal dinner is scheduled to start at 4.

No problem, sorry I wasn’t of much help!

They haven’t talked to me about a start date yet. If I’m going to make the 4/27 class, they need to let me know.
I read on one of the boards that there was a 9AM-12PM webinar/conference call and then another one at 3PM each day during the at home training, but that may have been another contractor.

I did stumble across this CSRA Training, https://www.csra-lms.com/course/index.php?categoryid=1 , but with out access, don’t know what is involved.

Congratulations! I’m still waiting for my determination. My case closed 3/13… hopefully I hear back soon…

1 Like