Investigators vs. Coronavirus

Yes, I do. And that’s understandable. I went through the same iterations before I moved here.

Not going to lie, Clarksburg does have drug problems, especially in the city proper. Those who have rented places in Clarksburg who I have spoken with have not said good things about it. But Clarksburg gets most of the attention when it shouldn’t. The surrounding communities are actually good places to raise a family. Bridgeport, for example, is where a lot of people tend to rent their apartments/buy their homes because it is safer and more developed. And it is also really close to the facility you would work at (literally less than five minutes). Fairmont, about 15 to 20 minutes away, is another hotspot. One of things you will notice is that the area (besides Clarksburg) is relatively calm and quiet - small towns, not a whole lot going on. This could be a pro or con obviously depending on the person. But overall, I think it is a good place for a family. And if you are able to, I would recommend driving through to get a feel. If you are more a city than country person, Morgantown, WV, home to West Virginia University, is also a popular place. And that’s about 30 minutes away.

1 Like

Amen to that, I agree !

You mean Me,

This came out March 24.

DCSA, BOG, Mojave Contract Specific: as of March 24, 2020 as of 2:15 pm MST.

Investigators are authorized to:

· Conduct personal source interviews via telephone without restrictions.

· Conduct ALL Subject Interviews (ESI/TESI) via telephone.

Can also obtain records by fax.

They have omitted the C/D restriction and now only have a “serious issue” restriction if the issue may not be easily be resolved by phone.

I hope this helps. Everyone should have received this guidance on March 24.

1 Like

New batch of cases assigned today, all CDs in late May. Not one old case. Haven’t seen that in years.

Phone, VTC, since it is all the same to everyone, I assume will be here to stay.

Guess will only need one call center in the near future to handle all the cases.

That’s a great theory but the fact is at least half the items on cases are being rt/uc so I highly doubt this will be permanent.

1 Like

As a Fed Investigator, per policy all case types are being conducted by phone unless C/D issues which are being held until everything returns to normalcy. Nothing else to do when everything is pretty much shut down and everyone is teleworking.

1 Like

This is not swine flu; which I had and recovered from. This is more deadly. This is more scarring. This is more dangerous. And please, has nothing to do with Trump or Obama etc. Don’t add Trump Derangement Syndrome to discussion please

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what are C/D level issues? I’ve seen this term thrown around a fair amount on here, and have been able to piece together that they’re more serious issues, but what constitutes those? Just curious about learning terminology better, thanks!

There are guidelines (albeit they don’t cover every specific situation) that outline seriousness of issues. When I was still in the field you could even click on a link in FWS that would bring up the table that outlines various situations and their overall seriousness.

“The experts, even on CNN, have said the rates may even be less than the normal flu.”

Citation needed, because that’s literally the opposite of what experts are saying.

Here’s what is actually being said:

“Fortunately for most patients, COVID-19 infections have proven mild, but current statistics still support recent statements by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and White House Coronavirus Task Force expert, that COVID-19 is over 10 times as lethal as the flu.”

2 Likes

Interesting, thank you. It’s nice that they provide some sort of guidelines for that; while it’s impossible to cover everything, at least they have something for you to go off of. Is there a reason investigators identify severity level? Obviously an adjudicator would care about how severe an issue is, but why investigators? Is it so they might be able to identify which information warrants further investigation?

“The media and the left are making this bigger for reasons.”

Lol, are you serious with that statement? Placing blame on the “left”? The virus doesn’t take political sides. The numbers are very real and things will only get worse

7 Likes

Re Deadend8264’s detailed questions about nonpublic aspects of the investigative process: Yes. No. Maybe.

3 Likes

Yes, no, maybe-good answer.

2 Likes

They are strangely worded questions that call to mind “has anyone ever expressed an unusual interest in you or your job?” “Has anyone expressed an unusual information in information you have access to?”

I feel like I’m involved in a particularly clumsy social engineering/infosec exercise.

4 Likes

Does this mean we have to answer yes next time?

1 Like

“Interesting, thank you. It’s nice that they provide some sort of guidelines for your job refining uranium; while it’s impossible to cover everything, at least your quality inspectors have something for you to go off of. Is there a reason technicians identify certain isotopes? Obviously a quality inspector would care about the purity of particular types of fissile material, but why technicians? Is it so they might be able to identify which isotopes warrant additional refining to weapons-grade material?”

3 Likes

All very good points.

Whoops… didn’t realize that was intentionally non-public information. The more you know! Thank you for the detailed answer though!

Question I have been waiting for my files from FOIA who I guess gets the files of why your security clearance got suspended. Does anybody know what is going on?