Investigators vs. Coronavirus

There are guidelines (albeit they don’t cover every specific situation) that outline seriousness of issues. When I was still in the field you could even click on a link in FWS that would bring up the table that outlines various situations and their overall seriousness.

“The experts, even on CNN, have said the rates may even be less than the normal flu.”

Citation needed, because that’s literally the opposite of what experts are saying.

Here’s what is actually being said:

“Fortunately for most patients, COVID-19 infections have proven mild, but current statistics still support recent statements by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and White House Coronavirus Task Force expert, that COVID-19 is over 10 times as lethal as the flu.”

2 Likes

Interesting, thank you. It’s nice that they provide some sort of guidelines for that; while it’s impossible to cover everything, at least they have something for you to go off of. Is there a reason investigators identify severity level? Obviously an adjudicator would care about how severe an issue is, but why investigators? Is it so they might be able to identify which information warrants further investigation?

“The media and the left are making this bigger for reasons.”

Lol, are you serious with that statement? Placing blame on the “left”? The virus doesn’t take political sides. The numbers are very real and things will only get worse

7 Likes

Re Deadend8264’s detailed questions about nonpublic aspects of the investigative process: Yes. No. Maybe.

3 Likes

Yes, no, maybe-good answer.

2 Likes

They are strangely worded questions that call to mind “has anyone ever expressed an unusual interest in you or your job?” “Has anyone expressed an unusual information in information you have access to?”

I feel like I’m involved in a particularly clumsy social engineering/infosec exercise.

4 Likes

Does this mean we have to answer yes next time?

1 Like

“Interesting, thank you. It’s nice that they provide some sort of guidelines for your job refining uranium; while it’s impossible to cover everything, at least your quality inspectors have something for you to go off of. Is there a reason technicians identify certain isotopes? Obviously a quality inspector would care about the purity of particular types of fissile material, but why technicians? Is it so they might be able to identify which isotopes warrant additional refining to weapons-grade material?”

3 Likes

All very good points.

Whoops… didn’t realize that was intentionally non-public information. The more you know! Thank you for the detailed answer though!

Question I have been waiting for my files from FOIA who I guess gets the files of why your security clearance got suspended. Does anybody know what is going on?

No. Nobody in this thread is going to have any idea where your FOIA information is.

3 Likes

Didn’t you just do what you didn’t want done?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, I love the screen name - me too!!

Speaking of issue examples…

Bill Clinton serves as an excellent specimen for the sexual behavior question. He might be the reason that one is part of the extra questions. :smirk:

4 Likes

You are making me actually laugh out loud to start my day!

3 Likes

LMAO! Bill “Slick Willy” Clinton!

2 Likes

I am a contract DCSA investigator for one of the big companies. No real work since May 1. I’ve had a few items here and there that my contact feeds me to keep my credentials active, but that’s it. I am lucky that I landed a full-time (temporary) job with the state health department supporting covid response. The position is funded through 12/31/20. I talked to my [DCSA contracting company] contact last week and he didn’t think we were going back to in-person interviewing soon. Encouraged me to keep in touch and keep working the occasional items that come down the pike - but also encouraged me to hang onto the state job and maybe try and move into a permanent position. In other words, the party of the last few years is truly over.

Also contractor for one of the big guys. Had a slow 4-5 weeks in April and May, but it’s been steadily increasing ever since. I’m slammed right now.

1 Like

I’m a contractor for two companies. Managed to get some work through one of them recently and currently working on that when I’m not working my day job in security on the evening shift (which gives me time to do some fieldwork in the mornings before I go to work at 3pm.) I also got sponsored by a PI firm in Maryland after I commented on the owner’s post on LinkedIn about background investigations (he’s a former Federal Agent) and he made me the offer. So I’m holding steady.

1 Like

I spent the last 4 months obtaining a few IT certs which landed me a really good paying gig with a USMC contractor which I start next week. If any of you have any interest in tech whatsoever I highly recommend getting at least the Security+ cert, as long as you have that, along with the clearance, you’ll be good to go.

7 Likes