Letter from hiring agency

Thanks Mike much appreciated

1 Like

Just don’t pin all your hopes on any one particular job. I learned that the hard way.

What was it that dinged you?

Get in a repayment plan ASAP. This way you can spin this into a positive.

If you mean me, I’ve already paid off the full balance, but they did the credit check before that, I just don’t have proof of payment yet and they requested I send them documentation of a repayment plan or if it’s veen satisfied, and they gave me a deadline of 5 August

Mike I was reading an old post of yours with reference to a SOR that you successfully defended. You said it took 24 months. Did you stay employed with your agency during that time?

Negative, I was not able to start in that position until I was granted the full clearance. I did not receive an interim clearance.

Mainly it was derogatory comments from co-workers at a casual part-time job at which I worked when I was in college. I was never offered an opportunity to respond to their allegations, nor could I get the USDOJ to prosecute the individuals involved. These individuals were all “developed” informants, not authorized references.

HMMMM… Yeah I do not believe DOJ can prosecute SPEECH.

They could be prosecuted for making false statements to Government officials. Unfortunately, these informants are usually not under oath.

How do we now they are false? We only have your word. What makes your word more truthful than theirs?

When derogatory information is developed during the NBIB investigation process, the field investigator must find additional sources, records or personal, to corroborate or dispute the developed information. This is one reason many investigations stay in the field so long.

2 Likes

Excellent followup BI. Good to know it must be corroborated.

Of course, any corroboration is of little use when those interviewed as informants are all at the same workplace, have been exposed to the same gossip, and have known each other for years.

No one is interviewed as an “informant” comrade . . .