losing my TS clearance - could I get "a public trust?"

4th Estate employee. Had TS with DOE, then DOS, now DOD.
My document was not locked in a safe, now all appeals are denied and this job will be over.

Could I qualify for: “Public Trust with background investigation” in another job now?
Must wait 12 mo. to apply for a job requiring a clearance - is it possible then?
Please advise.

Having had 3 clearances i’m suprised you are asking this question. I don’t see why you would be denied over one incident, which I don’t really understand the incident. Having gone through the clearance process already wouldn’t you agree that it’s anyones guess and it’s worth a shot?

ML: Thanks for your reply. Had TS/SCI/SAR. I had mishandled S docs 3 times over 2 yrs, all of which was discovered in my office on one date. (blank templates with PID# or Contractor’s name, but classified info per the programs’ SCGs).

Nothing was ever compromised, a few pages which were not properly transported. They were stored in my desk (in a secure office).

I went thru the full appeal process and was denied. (DOD engineer-GS13 with 6 yrs service). Thought I must wait 12 mo. and get great security training before eligible to apply.

I have now retired 2 wks before “being removed” from my position, but am reinstatement eligible for 4th estate. Need work badly, and am applying for USACE jobs which do not require clearances. “Retired” probably signifies: a short term employee, which they don’t want…

In a message dated 6/7/2018 5:44:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, clearancejobsblog@discoursemail.com writes:

lmikelowrey
June 7
Having had 3 clearances i’m suprised you are asking this question. I don’t see why you would be denied over one incident, which I don’t really understand the incident. Having gone through the clearance process already wouldn’t you agree that it’s anyones guess and it’s worth a shot?