Loss of Jurisdication

Jan "24 I had just accepted a new offer with the prospective employer and then gave the company I was working for at the time my 2-weeks. The company that I had accept a new offer with started clearance crossover after I had put in the notice. TS was fully verified in Diss before clearance crossover started and then 3 days letter LOJ shows on the clearance. My FSO has put in expedited. CSR’s multiple times to try to get the issue rectified. Even checked my record to see if there were any negative things that could impact the clearance or delay the process nothing was found. All we know to date is that it is waiting to be adjudicated. We have been waiting for three weeks now and it has affected my ability to work in the cleared space currently. The question I have is how long does it take to adjudicate something like this or expected wait time.

If you haven’t done so already, do a search on here for “Loss of Jurisdiction” or even just LOJ and you will see this is not a situation you want to be in. Hopefully in your case it just means the previous employer was a little too enthusiastic in updating your record (used to be some employers never got around to this) and it will clear up quickly… but one never knows when it comes to LOJ.

Yes i even put in a congressional inquiry. I just want to get back to work and be able to provide for the family. They say it in progress to be readjudicated

This begs the questions: why is your eligibility being adjudicated and why was your eligibility changed to LOJ. Technically this is not a crossover. It’s just a change in the owning relationship of your DISS record, which seems to have occurred in a timely manner. Unless your previous employer submitted an Incident Report, there’s no reason to change your status to LOJ or adjudicate your eligibility.

It was adjudicated. Good to go now

1 Like