Maybe I am misunderstanding something with OPM

At the time I was completing my package for clearance I read that they no longer deny interims. They either grant one or just keep on with the investigation until you get the full clearance. The reason indicated was so that applicants who were not granted an interim would not need to say they had ever been denied a clearance.

@inthedark Yes, Contacting my congressmen seemed to be exactly what was needed to get it done. I actually last Friday got a personal call from my congressmen stating it had to go all the way to him, but he contacted some DSS admin and was able to get something resolved in 24 hours.
@tenaheff I am not sure on that. Cause my FSO says this is the first time he has ever seen this. He manages the security for a lab of 15,000 people. He was expecting an interim decision on me and even requested one 5 separate times.

But anyways, advice. I wrote a well meaning letter asking for assistance. I explained the bind I was in and hand delivered it to my local office. I spoke with the office manager who stayed on my case till the resolution. So I would recommend you do the same. But YMMV, cause it seems to depend on the level of care and the amount of connections the office has. So if it a junior congressmenā€¦you might not have much luck.