Nervous after poly

So my entire TS investigation has gone very well. No real red flags, the investigator interview went well, references contacted, neighbors contacted, credit report pulled, etc…

About 3.5 weeks ago I had the full poly. It was tough, but I was completely honest. Based on all of the info I have read online, that is the only way to go. After the poly was complete he seemed concerned, told me there were “inconsistencies”. I asked him if I failed and he said no. So I was expecting to be called back for a follow up poly and now, nothing. So, I hear no news is good news, but this silent treatment has me worried. Did they change their mind and now I failed? argh!!! I am so anxious to start my new job.

Those who pass polygraphs are seldom told that they did. Polygraph operators typically leave them with doubt about the outcome, just as yours did.

Thank you for responding. I am learning a whole new level of patience!

Sorry to bring this up again, but I saw your other post about how you got a suitability denial. I was just wondering if you made any admissions that got you denied or admitted to not being entirely truthful on your SF86. I’m in the same boat as you were and just a little worried about not getting called back.

The admission I made was not having reported an incident yet. On Wednesday before poly I checked my dad into hospital as he was seriously sick. I walked into my secure area with my cell after getting back to work, then walked right out. Poly was on a Monday and I told him (no idea why I told him) that I have yet to report the incident. Well he tore into me and it was over at that point. In cruel irony, my dad passed away 3 days after I got the email from NSA that I was discontinued. Worst case of bad luck I have ever had. Now I am on 1 year timeout. Guess it depends on what you told them.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you in the future.

Thank you for your understanding. It was by far one of the worst weeks of my life. I wish you the best also!!!

I am sorry to hear about everything that happened to you :frowning: It is somewhat unclear - what was the incident that you are referring to? Did it happen on Wednesday of the week preceding poly?

Yes, I accidentally brought my cell phone into the area (on a Wednesday)after coming back from hospital where my dad was. But I had not reported it right away. So when the poly (on a Monday) came the examiner considered it a violation.

Oh my bad, sounds like you are already working in the cleared space then? And this poly was for another job or something?

It’s ok I did not make that part clear. I write too fast!! But yeah I was going for upgraded clearance.