NSA hiring process

I got my CJO on March 23, and then I received the investigator’s email on August 23, since then I have not heard anything about my application! I emailed the recruiter two and three times, and she said no news means good news, how long should I wait for this job?

I cannot say how long it might be worth your time to wait, but in the meantime, you may wish to read the pseudonymous Ralph J. Perro’s article, “Interviewing With An Intelligence Agency (or, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Fort Meade)”:

That’s a new one on me. I haven’t gone through any kind of investigation in a while but in the past it was always a phone call!

So your investigator did not call you or provide their cell phone number in the email? That seems strange. I’m in the process for the same agency. I missed my investigator’s call at first, she sent me an email and I called her back the same day and got in contact with her.

From last August until now, no update/contact?

NSA pipeline is notoriously sllllllooooowwww. CJO to indoc can take 6 months to 1 year.

1 Like

Look up other posts on this site about NSA positions and the hiring process. The process through the NSA (and IC Agencies overall) is absolutely slow af (borderline criminal to be honest).

So by all means, apply for other positions at other agencies if you are desperate for a new job or keep yourself busy and wait it out for the next 1-2 years.

Thanks for your info, I probably wait it is close to 2 years now

Especially slow for those with extensive foreign contacts or time spent living overseas (like for language “study abroad” programs)

1 Like