NSA language test

That’s a little telling that he had to ask you, since he’s the one with all of your information. Hopefully he’s just busy…

Also, what’d the NSA folks say when you told them you have an in-process DOD clearance?

Sometime ago he told me that he has around 500 people to look after. I don’t know whether that means they are being processed or maybe some of them are already working…

Regarding NSA, I told the HR person who sent me a CJO about that completed BI and she said they will probably try to request it, but then that might speed up the process or make it longer, depending on how cooperative that other DOD branch is.

1 Like

My two cents in… I haven’t taken a DLPT myself yet (only OPIs), but I’ve been preparing linguists for these tests for over ten years and developed DLPT-like instructional material myself (NOT the actual test). Usually, one question out of four is clearly wrong, two of them are probable or only PARTIALLY correct ones, and only one is correct. The upper-level DLPT is heavily idiomatic and familiar words may mean completely different things. Check yourself here, the resource is free now: Portal Lessons | NFLC Learning Portal

3 Likes

Здравствуйте! Have you secured a job yet? How did the entire process go? I am currently getting ready for a language test and feeling a bit nervous. I was wondering if it would be possible to contact you directly and ask you some questions? Спасибо заранее))

2 Likes

Hi. I don’t think there is a way to contact directly here on this site.
If you are a native speaker - I don’t think you’ll have a problem. I would just practice translating articles on various topics. If you are going to have a speaking portion as well, then just make sure you don’t mix English and your language together.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey there, just stumbled across this blog. Dima, I also took DLPTs for a linguist position with the same agency. That was back in Jan. Any time I’ve inquired about my scores, I’m told they don’t release the scores to candidates. Did they tell you the same thing? How did you get your scores?

Hey. That’s weird, if I remember correctly they gave me my scores in about 2 weeks. You took a multiple choice reading/listening test, right?
Of course they release grades, how else would you know? Also, as soon as you pass they send you your SF-86 to fill out…