Peraton Background Investigator level 2 pay rate

It’s possible. Probably not for a level 6 full timer but don’t be pushed around. Talk to HR if need be. Company goals and your personal career goals don’t have to be the same. A level 1 or 2 investigator with less than 2 years experience should NOT be working 4 different contracts with drastically different requirements. I’s a recipe for disaster (for all involved) and if this work is so “important” why does multiple contract work get shoved down investigator’s throats who don’t know what they are doing and have obvious performance problems.

1 Like

Some vendors aren’t requiring investigators to work on other contracts from what I know. I personally think that quality of work is better when you’re not spread thin over multiple contracts. I have some friends that work for subcontractors that don’t require multiple contract works. I know Xcelerate is only working DCSA and this seems to making their people happy. Maybe something to look into for anyone that just wants to focus on one contract.

If you are with peraton, you can decline other contracts. I know several FIs who have asked not to be on Excalibur or UNI. DHS is still by phone for sources and records.

My biggest issue with working multiple contracts is that you do not get extra compensation for working multiple contracts.

4 Likes

I asked not to be put on multiple contracts at Peraton (I worked 4 at CACI) and I was told no. I was forced to work all 7 contracts, even in another state, three of which I never heard of or received any training whatsoever on. I was told to work it like DCSA, and the reality was that most of them were actually more like Excalibur. I left and went back to CACI.

1 Like

I had asked in 2018 when I was still with Preaton not to be put on unicycle, and I was told the only way to do that was to become a contractor that as a full-time employee I could not turn down work. Maybe they’ve changed the policy but doubtful.

1 Like

They definitely have not. I was told the same thing this year.

1 Like

CACI just had merit meetings. I am a level 1 and was told by my section lead that because I am a level 1 I got $0 for a raise. I meet production and my quality is 95-100%. Any other CACI Investigators level 1 told the same thing?

1 Like

Gawd I don’t miss being a contractor when i heard junk like that.

1 Like