Peraton Background Investigator level 2 pay rate

Does anyone know the new starting pay at Peraton for Experienced Investigator level 2, I know level 6 is $85k, but not sure what the other levels are, can anyone help?

Why the heck do they have so many levels? Is the difference between them only like 0.5 WTPD or something?

2 Likes

Well â– â– â– â– , I am level 6 at Peraton and I only make $87,000.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m quite baffled. CACI only goes up to level 4 and the requirement for them is to average 6.7 testimonies per day. Does this mean level 6 has to average 8.7 testimonies in a day? And if so, how in the heck can that be done in a 40 hour work week without cheating on the timecard??

6 Likes

sounds like we are all told different amounts, or could be starting amounts?? I have been looking around for level 2 or level 3 starting pay for Peraton

5 SUs a day for level 6. So an ESI, record, and 2 sources.

1 Like

I hope it wasn’t deleted by me, if so it was an error on my part, I am new to this

Aha. I guess Paraton does things differently from CACI. For us an ESI, record and 2 sources would equal 7 SUs a day.

2 Likes

I received a level 2 offer and it was 52k for my area

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just finished an initial phone interview with a Peraton hiring manager. She told me Lvl 1 salary is 53K and Lvl 6 is 94K. This is my first dive into the contract BI world and Peraton is new to me. Anybody have recommendations on what to watch-out during the hiring/on-boarding processes?

2 Likes

That’s great insight. Thanks RB22!

1 Like

“Only” make $87,000? Peraton used to only pay $67,600 back in 2014 for a Level 6. So I would say they have increased their pay considerably. You should count your blessings. That’s a fantastic salary for this industry.

5 Likes

Level 6 was only 65000 in my lowly area when i jumped to FedWorld in 2016. 87,000 must be DC or other expensive labor market.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining, I was just curious about another level 6 making $95,000

1 Like

I was told level 6 is 96. In my opinion the amont of work required for level 6 would be difficult given the current CE environment which is causing nearly all cases requiring fieldwork to be nightmares from He!!.

3 Likes

The Federal Wage Determination for SCA employees has changed the pay bands for investigators on the DCSA Contract Rebid. CACI got out in front of this back in the winter by increasing level 3 and 4s to the new pay band range. Then Peraton followed suit and changed their level ranges in late spring. It is my understanding that Paragon has not yet changed it’s pay scale for it’s Investigator levels. It is possible to be a high performing investigator with Peraton and CACI in a low cost city making over 6 figures.

1 Like

I’ve heard that Peraton pays much lower than some of the other vendors. Not sure why there are so many levels either. It seems as though the subs have higher pay scales - I believe Xcelerate is the most competitive that I know of now.

Beware of being pressured to work other contracts too soon. It’s been the demise of many investigators in the past who can barely perform their metrics on DCSA and then get 2,3,4 other contracts dumped on them and their metrics plunge and they are laid off or PIPd out.

2 Likes

I believe a level 2 is $28 an hour.

This is one thing that I have thought about. My section lead has mentioned that the company goal is for all investigators to get cleared on all contracts and I have absolutely no desire to expand to other contracts. I requested part time a few months ago due to medical reasons and I have been able to manage better with the part time work. I have no idea if I will be able to decline cross training to other contracts or if it will be mandatory.

1 Like