Peraton Investigators?

Well, I would take the job and leave CACI even if paragon paid me less. I am still in training at Paragon, but I have worked for CACI, and two other vendors. CACI is by far the worst one I have ever worked for. Horrible culture and bad technologies.

1 Like

Not to be a Debbie downer but you didn’t get 18% for doing a good job you got it because the wage determination came out and Caci was paying far below what was required .

1 Like

Like I stated before, I will be content and grateful instead of bitter and resentful.

Also, I am getting paid more at CACI than I was as a Federal Officer with the BOP as a GS-007 step 004 in the DFW metro … with that in mind, I don’t think it is too bad. Could I make more having a Master’s degree under my belt? Probably. It this job accommodating me being a mother and having health issues? Yes. It is. Choose to be happy. You will have a better quality of life.

1 Like

Just about to retire from a fed LEO and begin working as an IC with ADC.
In reference to your comment about higher pay for people with Master’s degrees. Is that a thing with some companies/contracts?

New guy looking for information on the industry I’m looking to get into.

Advice for those looking to get into the industry….Don’t.

5 Likes

Having a masters degree with this job does not earn you any more money. If you read my comment again you will see that I am saying that I could earn a higher wage working somewhere else because I have a masters degree.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thanks. This is not a primary career for me. This is something I felt I could do to generate some extra income in retirement and stay connected to the military/LEO community i spent my entire adult life in.

Hoping it’s not all as bad as your advice makes it out to be.

CW

1 Like

If you are going to work part-time as a 1099 it would be difficult to find a job with more freedom, flexibility and autonomy. Also there is the opportunity to make good money if you are willing to hustle and/or travel (but there is no pressure to do either). My take is that most of the people who complain about the work on this site are FT employees who are consistently under the gun to make production quotas.

3 Likes

Anybody know the starting salaries for a level 3 or 4 with Peraton? Thanks in advance!

Thank you Cal. This was the response I was hoping for.

I am a full time contract investigator. The job is not as bad as people make it. I personally like my job and I have been doing it for over 10 years.

1 Like

Yea ok Peraton HR employee, no one believes you

5 Likes

I am looking to get clarification on how Peraton pays their Background Investigators.

Do you generally work 40 hours a week or do your paychecks vary every time?

It’s a salary/hourly rate. You can get paid overtime based on your state’s labor laws regarding overtime. You get mileage reimbursement at .65 a mile (estimated) all your paper, printer cartridges, pens, notepads, tape, etc. are able to be ordered for free and shipped to your home office. You get a daily per diem rate when you go on TDY which varies by location.

This turned out to be the worst industry! Run away as fast as you can. The contractors and subs will Nickel and dime you all while they line their own pockets from your modern-day slave labor. Leadership gets recycled throughout the subs and nothing changes. It’s only going to get worse. It’s not about National Security any longer, a real shame, After the gov only rewarded the contract to 2 primaries they killed the industry and our jobs! Now there are too many subs and all hands are in the everyones pockets. This was not a smart decision on the federal side. Should have stuck with the primaries they had.

2 Likes

Absolutely, 100% agree- it’s a shell game now. The Agents take the good T5 cases, the two Prime Vendors get their pick, then the garbage laden, multiple issue cases get pushed to the Subs.

3 Likes

Good T5 cases? We work more TESIs and RSIs than anything else in my area…

The process is the Agents get loaded first, the contractors in the area get loaded next, the the overflow, if any, is returned to our holding org. Overseas cases are the only “Agent only” i know about.

2 Likes

Definitely a manager that wrote that lol