I am a prior service US Navy Flight Surgeon who decided to join the reserves 20 years after being separated after I learned that being an anesthesiologist made me a “critical wartime specialty”.
I was (re)commissioned in the reserves as an Lieutenant Commander, the same rank I held in 1996. The most recent promotion board voted to promote me to Commander but the SECNAV is withholding my promotion because I do not yet have an adjudicated Secret clearance.
Here is my timeline:
- July 2016 SF-86 Submitted
- July 2016 Fingerprints submitted
- May 2017 OPM Interview
- July 2017 Interim Secret Clearance granted so I could practice in a Navy Hospital
- Jan 2018 Investigation complete, file sent for adjudication
- April 2018 Security Office contacts DODCAF told “awaiting report from an outside agency”
How can I speed up the adjudication process? Is there a way to communicate with the person assigned my file at DODCAF. I’ve called on my Congressional Rep for help.