Purchase of marijuana questions

Hello everyone! I just had a few quick questions about 23.2 on SF-68, as I would like to understand the full scope of the question before answering it.

In the last seven (7) years, have you been involved in the illegal purchase, manufacture, cultivation, trafficking, production, transfer, shipping, receiving, handling or sale of any drug or controlled substance?

I live in a state where recreational marijuana use is legal (I know it is still illegal on the federal level). During my senior year of high school and first year of college, back in 2014 and beginning of 2015, I would smoke weed with a small group of friends or in party settings. Typically I would just pay for food or reimburse them some money for what was smoked, as I felt bad mooching. Would this be marked ‘Yes’ for illegal purchase and just explain the situation?

Would the situation be different if I was taking weed from them instead of smoking it with them?

If marijuana was purchased legally from a dispensary would that still be marked as ‘Yes’, even though it was legally purchased and taxed?

Thank you for your help!

Yes to both. It doesnt matter if you just took it, be honest and move on. It was in your past.

You answered your own question, you traded dollars or bartered for pot. It’s illegal at the federal level. Even if they purchased it at a legal dispensary, I doubt that they were licensed to distribute it further, besides, as you noted, it was illegal at the federal level.

Now, this was five and six years ago, you were 18 or 19 years old. Assuming that you haven’t been doing this since, it should be mitigated by time and youth.

I have not used anything since then. Thank you for your response!