Question about SF-86 Question 25

I submitted an SF-86 using the August 2016 version but I didn’t catch that Q25 wanted to know ALL of your investigations as opposed to the last one which I know the previous version did. My investigator brought it up. I said it was a mistake and I told him all of the re-/investigation dates as I remembered them. Am I in real trouble?? It was a COMPLETE mistake as I have no derogatory information nor debts listen in my previous SF-86s. Marko, anyone, can you weigh-in on this?

It is a common mistake that will not affect your adjudication.

Thanks Marko. Marko/All, is there a timeline for updating the BI on SF-86 concerns after the PSI? I thought I discussed my SF-86 concerns with my BI (things that were in a gray area) without the BI ever bringing it up but I don’t remember now. I thought my FSO sent my concerns via email but when I followed up with the BI didn’t have them/it. Not trying to hide anything but I don’t want to be hit up with a Guideline E issue later.

BI will note it in the report as an accidental oversight. Happens all the time. Don’t worry. I left it out on accident and was adjudicated just fine.

This is common. Even I can’t keep track of all mine. I normally report the ones I recall, then explain I am missing many from my military service because they were very frequent.

What is Q25? I dont know it off the top of my head

He means section 25 - prior investigations

1 Like