Received Discipline or Warning

Sure thing, Two repos, one settled paid in full, the other repayment plan. Admonishment was for having a 120 dollar penalty for not having enough withheld taxes. One $6145 collection that I have disputed for not being able to validate it. one charge off 3k sold to a debt buyer balance zero.

TY

I see no issue on not having correct with-holding…was that from the company? I am aware of the IRS having a penalty, paid that myself. Do get finances on track. You aren’t getting a clearance but I imagine they want folks who pay their bills. Your current FICO is the best gauge for that. If you are below 600, there is a fair amount of negative info. But tough times do come for many and if ti is explainable, it is understandable. If it was just for living fast and frivolous…different. I recommend a lawyer to challenge the $6145 if nobody rogers up an explanation for it. Sometimes just an attorney letter ends that. But you don’t want the judgement against you. For the sold debt, I hear you can negotiate with them. But you may need claim what they write off as a capital gain.

Hi thanks!

They are being addressed see my latest

Its a 85p so the admonishment will not part of the process. I thought a High Risk PT was sf86.

for the 6145 it was 6 years ago - no judgement possible past sol

Some agencies do use SF 86 instead SF 85. I would imagine that it is because SF 86 is more thorough. That will explain the confusion.

Thanks that makes sense. I have only been lurking around here for a few days and I am starting to feel quite comfortable where I am at. This process of getting a clearance at least for me is not worth the time and stress involved at this time in my professional career. I am already a GS-15 at step 10.

Thanks to all that answered my questions.

Best of luck to you all.

1 Like

Understood. Where do you go from there…SES/SIS GM-15 or the alphabet soup version replacing some of the GS pay rates? Honestly if the position required a full scope Poly that if failed resulted in a loss of position…I would certainly think twice about losing a GS-15 step 10 paycheck.

1 Like

^^what amberbunny said^^

I’m just offering my opinion but I wouldn’t take the risk. No way. And I hear the SIES/SES/DISL interview/screening/vetting process is worse than it is for general officers. FWIW.

Also, items charged off are still recorded on the credit report and are considered as being more derogatory than had the account been paid in full.