Relation with Green Card Holder in USA

Hello All - Very worried about my clearance at this time during my regular review. First, I have traveled to some nations; Philippines, Taiwan and Mexico and have reported them dutifully.
However I totally overlooked about having a relation with a green card holder from the Philippines here in the USA that started about 7 years ago and is over. I am working with the investigator with providing the information that I ignorantly didn’t self report at time. I had child with her and through the courts have sole custody. So, I’m worried. Thoughts?

You forgot about a person that you had a child with? That’s a tough sell.

2 Likes

You forgot about a child!

Please, there are circumstances that I should not detail here about my daughter.
The investigator knows already what happened. Stuff went sideways in a very strange way.
Thank you

You probably deserve to be worried.

You might be ok but not sure what could mitigate this situation.

Yikes, man, yikes.

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts.
Been having detailed conversations with investigator about the extremely difficult situation with the mother.
Bottom line, my daughter is and will be safe.

You’re missing the point. No one sees your circumstances with your child as an issue.

The issue is that you didn’t report a former spouse who also wasn’t or isn’t a US citizen. You should be worried about this, because it’s unbelievable that you forgot about a former souse. You say you didn’t report because of ignorance. What it really looks like, based on the few details you gave, is that you’re hiding something.

2 Likes

Yes, of course I don’t see my daughter as an issue. Fortunately we weren’t married. I am providing a detailed history of what happened and people who knew what was happening. Including police reports and court history. I think that a complete back history is important. I have provided complete interactions with foreign nationals outside of the USA. I really figured someone here legally was ok. I know that sounds stupid, but it is the truth.

At this point all you can do is lay everything out on the table truthfully and completely (cover every topic/point of fact) for the investigator. I am surprised this also did not come up when discussing civil court actions (depending on what version of the SF forms you completed).

fyi - being married or unmarried does not matter the point of concern would be that you did not disclose a connection with a non-US citizen.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback.
We have completed very detailed conversations about what happened and why.
Investigator also asked for any additional references who knew about the situation in which I also complied. I just can’t believe I did something so ignorant. Wasn’t any attempt to hide it, just totally failed.