Foreign parent W Gov Ties

Hey guys! I am a permanent resident I enlisted to join the us military and have been waiting for a secret clearance, it is now finally in adjudication. I’ve been here as a young teen and it’s been 10 years. This is the only country that I love and call home which is why I decided to give back by enlisting. I got married and obtained my green card 2 years ago to my significant other who is in the military as well. Never did drugs, don’t drink, never got in trouble financially or with the law. Now my issue is I’m stressing out over the fact that my mom is a foreign diplomat from Morocco and is stationed in an allied country in Europe ATM. I listed all the information down in my form and have been upfront with everything with the investigator. I really want to be able to join the military. I know Morocco has been USA’s oldest ally and that they’re in good terms. Will that really ruin my chances of a clearance?

TIA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you answer affirmatively to the foreign association/affection section? If so, then all you can do is wait and see the output of the investigation.

1 Like

I did to the best of my knowledge, I also let the investigator know the frequency of the contact between us and all her other information. I do not have any foreign contacts that I speak to though.

1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat it too much, you can’t help what your mom does for a living, especially if there’s nothing she can use to blackmail you with for government secrets.