Renouncing Foreign Citizenship - Is this true

According to Security Clearance Attorney Sean M. Bigley [ ]
"If you value the security clearance more than the passport, turn-in the foreign passport to your security officer for destruction and indicate so on your [SF-86] It is critically important that you dispose of the passport this way, as turning it in to the foreign country’s embassy or consulate effectively puts them on notice of your security clearance status and makes you an [intelligence] target (and thus an increased risk in the eyes of the U.S. government).
The best solution in this case is to simply disclose your dual nationality on your SF-86 and wait for any additional instruction from the U.S. government.

This post might help answer your question:

It has come to attention that Sean M. Bigley, a retired attorney who previously assisted in expediting the security clearance process, has now left the profession. It’s essential to note that any claims linking or representing Sean M. Bigley are misleading and should not be considered valid.

Nearly all of the posts you put this on are half a decade old you know.

1 Like