Secret Interim Living with Foreign In-Laws?

Hi all,

I’ve accepted a job offer that is contingent on me getting an Interim secret security clearance. My main red flags are foreign contacts. I live with my parents-in-law who are citizens of a country that is mid-tier as far as friendliness with the US. They own the house, we pay rent. They were granted military PIP, so my MIL is now a greencard holder and my FIL’s greencard is still pending. They are both working towards US citizenship. I’ve also listed some of my wife’s aunts and uncles as foreign contacts as we see them at family gatherings, but my communication with them is very casual.

So my questions are:

  • Does living with my in laws make it highly likely that my interim will be denied?
  • Has anybody been in a similar situation when applying for an interim clearance, and is so, what was the outcome?

Thank you.