SF86 - Why the Change in Employment Record (Sect. 22 to Sect. 13A/C) Questions?

My questions surround changes on the e-QIP “Questionnaire for National Security Positions” (SF-86), from under the older Sections 11 and 22 (“Your Employment Activities” / “Your Employment Record”), to the newer under Section 13A/C (“Employment Activities” / “Employment Record”).

In 2007, I completed an SF-86 for a Secret security clearance, and under Section 22 (“Your Employment Record”), I was asked: “Has any of the following happened to you in the last 7 years?”, and five (5) responses were provided:

1. “Fired from a job.”
  2. “Quit a job after being told you’d be fired.”
  3. “Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of misconduct.”
  4. “Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of unsatisfactory performance.”
  5. “Left a job for other reasons under unfavorable circumstances.”

In 2014 and 2020, I again completed an SF-86 for a Secret security clearance, but this time the ‘old’ Section 22 (above) was gone, but under each period of employment, Section 13A (“Employment Activities”) had a “Reason for Leaving Question”, and Section 13C (“Employment Record”) asked the same question, but only four (4) responses were provided:

1. “Fired from a job?”
  2. “Quit a job after being told you would be fired?”
  3. “Have you left a job by mutual agreement following charges or allegations of misconduct?”
  4. “Left a job by mutual agreement following notice of unsatisfactory performance?”

#1) My first question is, why was the fifth response (“Left a job for other reasons under unfavorable circumstances”) removed? Why was this specific response to “Have any of the following happened to you in the last seven (7) years at employment activities” no longer being asked?

#2) My second question has two parts:
a) For both the third and fourth responses for either allegations of misconduct or unsatisfactory performance, both specifically state “…by mutual agreement…” What does “by mutual agreement” specifically mean? Does it mean that your supervisor said, “you must quit, leave or resign”? OR, your supervisor said, “I’m not saying you’re gonna get fired, but I think you should resign”? OR, you ask, “Should I resign?” and your boss says, “Yes, I think you should quit.” And, to any of these, you in fact do quit/resign/leave your job? - do these constitute leaving a job “by mutual agreement”?
b) Part two, what if you specifically ask your boss, “Do you want me to leave/quit?” and your boss replies, “I cannot tell you to resign and I cannot tell you not to resign. You alone must make that decision.” Is that still leaving a job “by mutual agreement”? Even if “following allegations of misconduct?”

Do you not have an FSO who can give you correct answers to these questions?

I don’t know what an FSO is. I was simply curious of the change in question/format on the SF-86, so I’ve come here to have duty experts and former investigators give some insight and provide correct answers.

The fifth question more than likely solicited too many people to list all too common layoffs and reductions that were not performance related but created much more work and delays. The mental health section was reworded organized for some of the same reasons.