Social media/online dating

I’m wondering how other FIs feel about online dating as an FI. I’m cautious around social media in general, but I’m single, and this is how people appear to be meeting these days (no matter how much I dig in my heels). I’m not in a metropolitan area, so I’ve avoided it so far. I live in a small city, and am one of only two FIs that work the area, making the chances of encountering someone that will have seen a profile pic of me (and any associated personal info) higher than may be expected elsewhere, which is why I haven’t done it so far……as any sense of “authority” or control in an interview would go out the window in such a case. Anyways. Would love some input. Thanks. Sleepless in Somewhere.

I met my wife, while I was a FI, through a dating app… over 15 years ago.

Most FIs are human, or at least close enough to pass for one in public. Give it a shot, mind your Ps & Qs (i.e. don’t bore people with your job and report any foreign nationals you date) and you will be fine.

2 Likes

I have also used on line dating as a female FI…

I list “consultant” on my profile and on first meets I gloss over my job. I work in hr. If the relationship gains traction I will give more detail.

Go for it. You only live once….

2 Likes