During interview for TS clearance, should I expect questions about dating history?

I haven’t dated someone I would need to report on an SF-86 (foreign national, cohabitant, criminal, etc).

Should I expect the investigator to ask if I am currently dating someone (again, not cohabitating or otherwise)? Or if I’ve dated anyone in the last XX years?

I am divorced, so I expect they’ll talk to them and ask about them, I am not asking about that. Specifically people I’ve dated but not cohabited with (and are also not foreign nationals or criminals).

I only ask about current or past, longer periods, of past “date persons” if the Subject spent a lot of time and/or the Subject is struggling for a valid reference.

1 Like

If I understand you correctly, you wouldn’t typically go there unless the subject had too few other references to establish a “whole person” picture?

Or if the investigation develops various allegations that would involve someone you are/were dating, then yeah, questions may be asked.

Yeah that makes sense they would ask that. I’m not worried about anything like that. Mostly just curious how in depth it goes into dating history considering the SF-86’s focus is pretty much just spouses and cohabitants (if I recall correctly, it’s been a second).

If you have to complete psych/poly, you will get a lot of questions regarding dating, marriage/divorce, and other related things (mostly in psych).