Sovereign Citizen Denied Clearance by Department of Energy

Originally published at: https://www.clearancejobsblog.com/sovereign-citizen-denied-clearance-by-department-of-energy/

Sovereign citizens are anti-government extremists who claim the federal government is operating outside its jurisdiction and therefore, are not bound by government authority in such things as law enforcement, courts, taxes, or even having a driver’s license or identification. The only law enforcement authority they respect is a sheriff. The FBI and other law enforcement…

1 Like

Well . . . that was a fun read . . .

Hasn’t filed taxes since 2009 and only owes 6K?

What?

Also, very thankful I didn’t have his SI, that must have gone on forever.

“The Individual further created and displayed a fraudulent license plate on his vehicle, in order to identify himself as a “diplomat,” and to avoid the financial cost of obtaining legitimate license plates and registration.”

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I’m amazed he made it that far.

How did walking into the LSO and saying he was a sovereign citizen did not immediately result in a suitability denial/ withdrawal of conditional offer?

It’s better to stop that kind of crazy train before it even leaves the station

Why do silly idiots like that subject even get a chance?

Welcome to my world… I have yet to have a Subject involved in these philosophies believe that there was a problem between their government employment and their activities.

If someone is employed and having taxes withheld, it’s possible to not file for ten years and be OWED money. Just because he didn’t file, it doesn’t mean that some money was paid in.

An old roommate of mine has recently decided to renounce his US citizenship and become a SovCit. Of course he tried to talk me into doing the same and obviously he didn’t get far at all… his arguments were akin to an “anti-vax Karen” avoiding giving any straightforward answers beyond telling me to open my mind and do some research.

I explained to him there’s now way I could keep a clearance that I depend on to find work if I went that route. Not only that, but I don’t hate the government that I’ve spent several years working for so I have no motivation whatsoever to follow in his footsteps.

1 Like

This type of thing has been around for pretty much our entire history. It’s a valid viewpoint taken to an extreme (as are many “movements”). People have a tendency to read documents and believe that they mean what THEY think that they mean. You actually see that problem here as well.

Most of these people are relatively harmless but the associations can drag everyone down.

1 Like