Starting a new job after Subject Interview. Is it a good idea?

I got a CJO offer from 3 letter agency in July that requires TS/SCI with FS poly. My investigation is moving pretty fast. My credit was pulled after a week of submitting my e-Quip and my Subject Interview was a month after that. All my references have been checked and my investigator told me that he submitted his report around mid September.
Recently, I scheduled for poly and psych evaluation at the end of November.

I currently do have a job which i really really dislike as it’s not in my field of education and nothing makes sense (which was the first reason i started job hunting and applied to the 3 letter agency). I got another offer in my field of education (pretty much exactly what i wanna do). However, i am confused if I should take the offer.

If clearance was guaranteed, I would suffer at my current job for some months. But who knows if i would get clearance at all and it clearaly mentions in the offer letter that the agency might rescind my offer at any time. Part of me says wait for the clearance. Part of me says to accept the new job as i might or might not get such opportunities in the future.

How would my new job affect my security clearance process? Should i take the offer or wait it out? Anyone experienced this before? What did you? Any advice/suggestions is highly appreciated.

P.S. I have no red flags except for being born in a friendly foreign country and some foreign contacts (relatives).

This happens fairly often, given the long time frame for the federal hiring process. Having foreign connections won’t speed things up, either :roll_eyes:

Go ahead and take the job, I say. I don’t even know if you need to reach out to HR to tell them, but it can’t hurt to try.

Take the job. Don’t stay in one you don’t like, like I did. Still waiting after 16 months…

1 Like