Stepfather information

I haven’t known my stepfather’s current address since he and my mother were divorced long ago in the '80s or '90s. My mother is probably still alive, however we are estranged for longer than that, with some brief interactions about 20yrs ago. The SF86 requires a current address and I can’t get it from anyone. A google search finds one hit. From 2005 it talks about him opening a restaurant and living in Provence Costa Rica with his then wife. But I can’t find anything more. Dead end.

Should I put in the last known address with my mother in Los Angeles, and make a note that it is the last known, and most certainly not current address which may be in Costa Rica?

The form validation process has some inherent suppositions that I’m sure don’t fit others as well. I can’t say how grateful I am to have found this forum in the nick of time. I am supposed to submit on Monday and there’s just a couple hard to answer sections like this i’m working my way thought. Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

List what you last knew. Provide what you learned to the investigator. If you are estranged…you are estranged. Very common situation. If any family member has info and you can easily ask “Aunt Sue” please do. Otherwise we used “Estranged. No contact since 2005. Unknown address or contact”

If he’s not currently married to your mom, you don’t even need to list him.

2 Likes

Agreed, he’s not you’re step-father if they divorced.

2 Likes

I’m laughing. Applying Occam’s razor is something I consider as a matter of course in my engineering design. I’m so intent on revealing everything possible and successfully completing the questionaire, I’m reading things into it. If it doesn’t say something, it doesn’t mean something. I’m starting to get it, I think :wink:

Thank you!

1 Like