My case is sitting at adjudication for over an year since my interview with NBIB agent and total 2 yrs since submit my SF86 to OPM, while I’m still working on confidential status.
I accepted offer to start at DoD contractor in Feb 2017 on ‘confidential status’. I submitted my SF86 in March 2017. I started work mid March 2017 at G11. My credit report was checked around May 2017. Around Oct/Nov of 2017, rec’d an email string my interim was denied, which was expected since I had following history, all was disclosed and documented pre and post NBIB interview. (with exception to item # 11 below pertaining to section # 22 in SF86)
- I had international travel history from previous employment thru 2016 (17 Int’l trips + some personal in 2016). Disclosed/declared
- Moreover, in my last position with previous employer from 2010 thru 2016, I had history of multiple internal trips to Mexico, Canada, India, UK and Finland, mainly work and some personal. Disclosed / declared
- I had loaned my uncle some monies wired ($25K) in south east Asia in 2014 which was paid back to me within 6 months. Declared / Disclosed to NBIB agent.
- In 1992 I renounced my foreign citizenship and adopted US citizenship via naturalization by doing so I also changed the spelling of my surname - sounds same, perhaps, spelled diff
- I also declared I do exchange phone calls and social media msg across the globe with friends/family
- Had no bankruptcies or financial issues in my 30+ yrs of residency across 2 states in US
- I own 3 houses in 2 states - 2 on rent + 50 acres of uncultivated agriculture land
- No drug or alcohol related issues
- Repeat extensions paying taxes - for 5+ yrs in a row. Declared disclosed
- Transferred small amounts of monies overseas to parents or invested in savings/annuity for my own thru 30 yrs of stay in US. Disclosed/declared
- In 2005 I have had infraction ‘misdemeanor’ case in local municipality court, this was the state I originally lived for 20 yrs. I was NOT arrested or put behind bars. This was over 10 yrs back since I submitted my SF86. I took the classes and the case was closed and expunged.
Now every little detail was disclosed/declared with exception to details of item # 11, which pertains to item # 22 in SF86. I was about to declare and disclose this to NBIB agent at interview, hence, this is what agent said, “since I was NOT sentenced for imprisonment NOR incarcerated for more than a year because of that misdemeanor, there’s NO need to report/disclose in SF86”
My question and concern is, since my case is sitting at adjudication for over an year and most interestingly NONE of my references, neighbors, co-workers, friends, relatives have NOT been contacted. Now what are the possibilities of getting my case thru adjudication? or worse, if my clearance is denied following adjudication, what options I have?
Most importantly, my concern is, in case adjudication decides to deny issuing me secret clearance …will my employer continue to keep me on payroll on confidential or rescind my active employment?