Suitability NOPA

I received a NOPA for a position that does not require a polygraph however, I have taken a few polygraphs and did not pass them in the past. The polygraph examiners put in my file that I used a countermeasure even though I did not. The NOPA is asking me to address my supposed dishonesty during the polygraph however their was no dishonesty on my end that took place. How do I go about addressing this NOPA? and can they consider my prior polygraphs for an administrative position? Can they use prior polygraphs for a non-leo position to determine suitability? And what are the odds that I am successfully adjudicated?

Is this for DHS? I think they are the only ones who use the term “NOPA.” Notice of Proposed Action?

It could just be a request for information.

NOPA means the agency plans to find you unsuitable for your position. They will ask you to explain why you should not be found unsuitable. You need a strong response.

As for polygraphs, any failed poly on file is fair game as I understand it.

1 Like

Yes this is a position with ICE, I currently work for DHS and have been here for seven years. I explained to them that I did not use a countermeasure because I didn’t. I hired a security clearance attorney.

can they consider my prior polygraphs for an administrative position? Can they use prior polygraphs for a non-leo position to determine suitability? And what are the odds that I am successfully adjudicated?

Sounds like they are.

Hey, I’ve got an same issue and I would like to know how things are going. Can you give me any updated on your case? I would like to talk with you.