Suspended Access prevents lower cleared job at different agency?

I took a full scope poly with a three letter agency, failed multiple times, supposedly passed the CI portion, and may have passed the FS portion. I was never told the results of the last FS portion, but it seemed different to me. However before I passed the CI portion, they notified my current DoD job (TS/SCI), and they suspended my access due to failed poly’s and derogatory information. Facing loss of pay very soon. I have been applying for private/contract jobs and was recently offered one with a contractor for CBP, which requires a “background check clearance”. They sent me a proprietary form, but it looks like an SF85P, not an SF86 to me. The adjudication is still ongoing with my DoD position. They have not even sent me an SOR yet and it’s been 4+ months. If my clearance ends up suspended/revoked after adjudication due to the derogatory information, will that result in me getting fired from the new position? Accepting the position would require moving out of state, so getting fired just after moving would be a nightmare. Am I better off leaving the federal sector entirely until I can mount sufficient mitigations towards my derogatory info?