Thoughts on interim approval?

Submitted my SF86, fingerprints, and was required to fill out citizenship paper. I accepted a job that requires a secret clearance. This position requires me to obtain an interim within 45 days, or the offer will be retracted. 10 years ago I was arrested for taking trash tires from a tire bin. I was charged with Grand theft, burglary of a business, and burglary tools (flashlight). Ended up pleading guilty to trespassing and petit theft, burglary tools was dropped by prosecutor. These charges resulted in being sentenced to 18 months of probation. I had my probation terminated after 14 months in 2015 and adjudication was witheld. Had my record sealed in 2019. No criminal issues since my arrest. Ive since then bought a house, got married and had a kid, received my GED, AA, and will be finishing my bachelors in August 2023. Ive been with a large DOD contractor since 2018 as well. Employment history is clean and good credit. No foreign nationals and no drug use as well. I feel okay about getting the clearance mainly because its been 10 years since I was arrested and have made huge progress in that time. But, i feel uneasy about the interim due to the theft and trespassing. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Hopefully the company that hired you has some experience with interims being granted within 45 days. Seems to vary a lot from one customer/program to another. Honestly I have not heard much about interims in the last couple years, just what I read on here, but timelines overall seem to be improving.

In some cases a timeline like that is more of a guideline than a hard-and-fast rule and a company can always extend it… but it does give them an out in case they don’t feel like waiting.

Let us know how it works out.

If this is in Industry, ask your FSO or PERSEC team and see what they say. Good luck-