Tired of waiting. Will going contractor mess up my processing?

I’ve been waiting a long time to get any update on my processing status. I have a job offer to go Contractor. If I go contractor, will that screw up my ability to become a full time employee?

Might depend on where you’re at in the process and if the contractor job is with a different agency than your current process. I was told that you can’t have two investigations going at the same time, but maybe you can if one is for DOD and one is for DOS.

I honestly have no clue where I am at. I’m guessing that they are either going to re-use my investigation from 2 years ago, or do a crossover.
I wish I could talk to their security office, but you know the government and their love of red tape :^)

1 Like

you can have 2 investigations happening at once… it happens. Agencies try to eliminate the double work for obvious reasons but it still happens. Just let security offices know you may have another investigation in the works, in adjudication, or even completed for all you know. They can check. The security office will decide what to do from there. They may just let investigation #1 complete, or they may need to start a new one anyway because the new one is for a higher level etc etc.

1 Like

Yes it does happen but far more often you will see the second investigation stopped as soon as they see another investigation already started. Now @Selene may have an advantage that they do have a recent investigation.

In this case, where you had an earlier investigation stopped because the new one is opened, does that mean that you are no longer considered for the position with the first company that opened investigation for you? Both are DOD.

I don’t think so, as the government/customer will know that a second request has come through but they are unlikely to share that with the contractor. “odnako” if the second company’s FSO has a close working relationship with their government POC (and some do) then they may learn that there is already an open investigation… in which case you have to hope they don’t share that with HR.

In my experience security and HR do not always see eye-to-eye :face_with_raised_eyebrow: so that probably won’t happen.

Hmm I just re-read that and it is not very clear. But that may be the best description of the situation which itself is not very clear.

Hmmm, ya I’m not sure I understood that. The first BI was completed last year and sponsored by a contractor to DOD. The second sponsoring agency is a direct gov agency, also DOD. When I submitted second SF86, I mentioned that I had a BI completed a year ago, so guys don’t spend anymore taxpayer money and use it. They probably did because none of my contacts were called. So given that everybody know that I have/had two investigations going at the same time, do I still have a chance at both positions or only for the last one? The first contractor never told me that their processing for me is cancelled (not that they tell me anything, it’s like pulling teeth with them).