TS/SCI clearance crossover to NGA timeline

I was recently hired as a contractor to work as an intel analyst for the NGA. Coming over from the DIA I was inquiring about how long the clearance crossover process should take on average? They’re both DoD so I don’t see a major holdup. Anyone with experience has a good timetable?

1 Like

I completed this a month ago and it took me two weeks.

2 Likes

So does the NGA do their own adjudication for SCI access for was it a straight crossover

1 Like

Yes they do there own adjudication. Have you had a CI Poly?

1 Like

I have one previously completed. Should show in Scattered Castles.

1 Like

As long as everything is within scope I would say a few weeks but no longer than a month.

1 Like

Ok. I’m just worried that something might happen where it will take longer than usual. Going to the DIA it only took a week for my SCI to adjudicate.

SilverPhoenix96 my situation is a little different, but similar. I left Federal with a full scope TS/SCI clearance to go work for a contractor…in the same building but not for the same agency so there is no 18 month waiting period. I out-processed thinking I would in-process the next day. It has been 4 1/2 months now. I just need my clearance transferred from Scattered Castles to JPAS…that is it…so I hope your waiting time is not like mine but wanted to give you a heads up.

1 Like

Wow crazy. My clearance shows in JPAS and SC as TS/SCI. NGA does their own adjudication for SCI access so I understand the wait there. Hopefully your situation gets resolved soon.

1 Like

UPDATE: Still no word. I know the Gov’t is closed on Thanksgiving obviously but is there a good chance I could hear something this week. I submitted my paperwork on 10/30 and still waiting. My recruiter said though that he would’ve heard something by know if there was an issue.

1 Like

Any word?

Also now waiting for SCI access approval from the NGA after getting a TS.

I’ve heard it’s on average 30 days but my FSO said lately been taking longer more like 60 days.

1 Like