Visiting an embassy while in the adjudication phase

I am a naturalized citizen and currently in the adjudication step for my TS clearance. My mother (an elderly permanent resident) is legally blind and needs to attend her embassy for some urgent formality. Is accompanying her a bad idea? Again, this is for her and I will only be next to her. Thanks!

1 Like

I would have someone else take her if that’s an option.

2 Likes

If you must do this, be sure to keep track of the date and time and such. If you were already cleared, in some cases you would have to report this; not sure what happens in this case, or how you would report it even if you wanted to.

1 Like

Thank you, @sbusquirrel. I decided to send a close relative with her instead. My spouse is a former military member, who used to have top secret clearance, advised me not to go as well. As far as my status, I am still not sure where I am at. I receive emails from a federal contractor that sponsored me saying my case is “in adjudication” but they confirmed that I passed my polygraph (it was the very end of July).

1 Like

Def get another to help mom. Be wary of mom getting played at the embassy and making yourself a target.

2 Likes

Judging by your name, am I correct in assuming that the embassy involved is that of Greece or maybe Cyprus? I can’t imagine, if that is the case, that there would be an issue arising from making such a visit.

I didn’t go, thank you. And the country is not Greece or Cyprus.

I just assumed that it might be since “Xenos” is a Greek word! :slight_smile:

It is OK, I just know a few Greek roots. It seems like we both are linguists :slight_smile:

1 Like